Sunday 3 June 2018

Dave Grohl’s failed collaboration with David Bowie is being released

 

Dave Grohl‘s failed collaboration with David Bowie will be released soon.

The Foo Fighters frontman hoped to record the song with Bowie before his death but Bowie turned down the opportunity.

Now a mystery band has taken up the track and the song is set to be released. Speaking to GQ, Grohl said: “I actually gave it to someone recently. I tried for years, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. We tried it, kind of worked on it, then I actually contacted Bowie about doing it together for this movie soundtrack, that didn’t work out. He didn’t like the movie, it wasn’t me, it was the movie (laughs). Then I started working on it again, and I then gave it to another band, who hasn’t used it yet.” 

When asked about which band will be releasing the track, Grohl said that he didn’t want to “spoil the surprise.”

Meanwhile, Grohl has ruled out the possibility of ever running for the US presidency, saying that he’s “not doing an Oprah” by mounting a challenge to Donald Trump in 2020.

“[Hawkins] said, ‘You need to be president and run for office.’ Fuck that. And that’s my quote, right there,” Grohl said. “I’m not doing an Oprah. I’m not going to go, ‘Well, you never know.’

“The American Dream was still tangible, still desirable,” he said. “Today, the American Dream is broken. I’ve probably traveled internationally more than our current president and the one thing I understand that he doesn’t is that the world isn’t as big as you think it is. It is all in your neighborhood. India, Asia, Iceland aren’t other solar systems,” he added. 

“I am ashamed of our president. I feel apologetic for it when I travel.”

The post Dave Grohl’s failed collaboration with David Bowie is being released appeared first on NME.



from Myspace - Editorial https://ift.tt/2JheBFP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess Who This Present Pipsqueak Turned Into!

Before this present pipsqueak became a Grammy Award-winning singer and rapper, he was just another excited kid unwrapping all his favorite g...